- RSS Channel Showcase 8643444
- RSS Channel Showcase 7383581
- RSS Channel Showcase 1071556
- RSS Channel Showcase 6276215
Articles on this Page
- 01/14/16--16:02: _Why the Republican ...
- 02/05/16--12:04: _Why Bernie vs Hilla...
- 07/26/16--14:40: _Bernie Sanders Got ...
- 08/12/16--01:46: _The Left in Britain...
- 07/19/17--18:56: _The Rise of the “Hi...
- 01/13/18--06:40: _The Democratic Part...
- 01/23/18--06:27: _Don’t Fear Trump–Fe...
- 01/14/16--16:02: Why the Republican Establishment Cannot Recover This Time
- 02/05/16--12:04: Why Bernie vs Hillary Matters More Than People Think
- 07/26/16--14:40: Bernie Sanders Got Nothing for Endorsing Clinton
- 08/12/16--01:46: The Left in Britain: Debating the Merits of Corbyn and Smith
- 07/19/17--18:56: The Rise of the “Hillary or Bust” Voter
- 01/13/18--06:40: The Democratic Party Can Still Be Captured, and It’s Worth Doing It
- 01/23/18--06:27: Don’t Fear Trump–Fear the Next Republican President
For the republicans, this has been a weird election. For most of the race, the leaders have all been rebel candidates deeply unacceptable to the party establishment–Trump, Cruz, Carson–and with just a couple weeks to go until the Iowa caucuses, there’s no sign of this changing. If you’d asked me in the summer, I would […]
benjaminstudebaker2012 GOP Establishment vs Rebels2016 GOP Establishment vs RebelsGOP Establishment vs Rebels
Lately the internet has become full of arguments about the merits and demerits of Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. Over the past couple weeks, I’ve been discussing and pondering all the various views about this, and I’m increasingly of the opinion that most of the people engaging in this debate don’t really understand what is […]
benjaminstudebakerPercentage Point Change in Top 1% Income Share US Presidents
Last night, Bernie Sanders gave a speech at the DNC convention in which he offered his unqualified support for Hillary Clinton. Sanders argues that Clinton has earned his support by agreeing to changes in the Democratic Party Platform that bring it more in line with Sanders’ views. But if we take a closer look at […]
The British Labour Party is having another leadership contest, just one year after current leader Jeremy Corbyn defeated three rivals, 59.5% of the vote. Corbyn’s opponents have rallied behind a single challenger, Owen Smith. Smith’s supporters claim that Labour cannot win an election under Corbyn while Corbyn’s supporters claim that Smith is a Trojan horse for a […]
benjaminstudebakerBritish Election Polling August 2016British Election Polling for 2015
Remember “Bernie or Bust”? Some Bernie Sanders supporters were very cross when Sanders did not win the Democratic Party nomination. They believed he should have won, both because he deserved to win and because some of them believed the DNC stole it from him. They were unwilling to support Clinton in the general election, and […]
You know what surprised me? So many people took Bernie Sanders’ defeat as a reason to give up on the Democratic Party. When Sanders announced he was running, one of my good friends messaged me. He was so excited! There was someone challenging Clinton who believed in things! But I gave him a cold shower. […]
I’ve long argued that the Democratic Party needs to use its time in the wilderness to remake itself so it can pursue and deliver real benefits for poor and working class voters and be seen to do so in its campaigns. This remaking necessarily requires a period of disunity and chaos within the Democratic Party–central […]